We know proposing to someone you love, adore and want to spend the rest of your life with is rather nerve wrecking. The first time you said “I love you” was hard enough but now to get on ONE knee (not two gentlemen), present a ring and be meaningful is tough. The story is then told to hundreds of people over and over again, actually for the rest of your life. So don’t let those nerves get the better of you. Here are some handy tips to avoid embarrassment.
1. Chose the right moment: If you know your partner well enough, you will know what she loves and how she feels about you. This should help calm the situation as she is “the one”.
2. The Ring: Plan the ring or diamond before the proposal. It is easier to be more meaningful and romantic. It shows her you have put some thought into your decision.
3. Speeches: Don’t memorize a speech that you will most likely forget in the moment. Just plan a few words before, then speak from the heart. Just remember to say those magic words… “will you marry me”
4. Drinks: Don’t drink too much before the proposal. It is very easy to sip back the wine as the nerves kick in. Just try keep it controlled as being proposed to by a drunk fool isn’t pleasant.
5. Celebration: Keep in mind how the moment will be over as quickly as it begins, so savor each second. Then don’t forget to celebrate after she says “yes”. For a perfectly planned evening we are always here to help.
If all else fails reach for the rescue drops and pray she says yes!!
Hope this helps a little when the day arrives to be her knight in shining armor.