Date night at home
We love a good date night but they don’t always have to be about getting dressed up and going out on the town. With these colder winter evenings upon us, date nights can be just as special in the comfort of your own home and not to mention that they are kinder on the pocket.
If you have a fireplace in your home use this to create a cosy and romantic space to catch up with that special person in your life. Lay down blankets & pillows and use candles & fairy lights to set the mood and complete the look with your loved one’s favourite flowers.
Guys you don’t have to be daunted by dinner either, use the cold weather as an excuse for a delicious fireside soup, many stores offer good quality ready-made soups and pair this with a fresh bread and your favourite bottle of wine. End off your meal with a selection of chocolates or your favourite treats. Another idea, create a cheese board with a selection of cheeses, fresh fruit, biltong and nuts. Remember you are dining on the floor so the simpler the better.
Incorporate personal items into your setup to make it special and give it that wow factor. Here are some tips on how to do so:
- Use your loved ones favourite colour and flowers in the set-up items.
- Hang photos of the two of you or love quotes from the fireplace mantle.
- Candles and fairy lights always add an ambience.
- Don’t over complicate things when it comes to food, date night is an excuse to indulge in your favourite snacks and treats.
- Create a playlist of special songs to play in the background.
- Create a pathway with rose petals that lead up to your set-up.
Round off your evening by playing your favourite board game or with a decadent cup of hot chocolate in front of the fire. We hope that our winter warmer tips have given you some ideas on how to put the spark back in date night without you even having to leave the house!